google search

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Creating Order from Chaos




Check out my stash!!!! First photo is traditional prints, second photo is Batiks. All beautiful and arranged by color!!!!

OK, perhaps "ORDER" might be overstating it a bit, but I have started to reclaim my sewing room from the chaos. The sewing room is affectionately called "The Vortex" by other members of my family because projects go in, but they don't come out! It's kinda like a big swirling fabric-filled roach motel, only without the roaches.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Who doesn't love to see pretty fabric? Thanks for sharing.

I just finished the order from chaos exercise in my own work space. "Vortex" is a great description. Jen

jenclair said...

Oh, look at all of those lovely oranges! I'm not sure when my devotion to orange originated, but in the last few years my attraction has become quite strong. I love all your other beautiful colors, too.

Susan Bingham said...

Thanks for sharing. Your article piece on Sunny is why I am not allowed to go into Humane Societies unless I am ready for a new cat on the homefront (which I will be in about 18 months!)

If you come up with a great way to store hand painted flats with WU already ironed on, let me know!!!

betsy said...

Beautiful! You go!

Anonymous said...

Oh, if we could only run our fingers over it all... not coveting...just enjoying it!
My dh says I'm addicted to sizing. I can't help butgo to the fabric store buy it, bring it home, run my fingers over it, wash it to prepare it for quilting...then stash it away. Go to the fabric store...