google search

Custom Search

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Nobunny wants to do this on Easter...


Our 17-year-old washing machine broke down dramatically last night, its belly full of wet blankets. The appliances must have been plotting this for weeks, conspiring to find the best possible time to act. Intent on wreaking maximum havoc, they waited patiently until our mountains of dirty clothing rivaled Mt. Everest. For the evil appliance collective, it was merely a bonus that this coincided with Easter weekend.

Now I'm hopping off to shop for a new washer on Easter Sunday! Just about every article of clothing I own is dirty. And I'm not talking about slightly dirty. I'm not talking about "brush it off and re-wear it" dirty. I'm talking "been lying in big fetid piles for weeks" dirty.

So, dear readers, here's the question of the day: Which is more appropriate attire for appliance shopping on Easter Sunday, a sequined black evening gown, or a Star Trek costume?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the evening gown would be rather classy, but then they might not give you a good deal because you'll look rich.