google search

Custom Search

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cousin It, doggy-style


How is it possible that Sunny can shed so much and still possess a luxuriously full, shiny coat? I am currently sweeping the floor every day--and each time, I get a dog-hair tumbleweed the size of a bowling ball. It's a wonder she's not completely bald.

Between official sweeps, I scoop up small, bonus tumbleweeds that lurk in corners, at the base of chairs, behind the refrigerator. I'm convinced that there are small tufts of fur gathering stealthily throughout the house. They watch me, waiting for me to sit down, then they scurry out of hiding while my back is turned.

It's a conspiracy. Together, the hairballs plan to takeover the kitchen, the family room and then the world! Meanwhile, I'm plotting against them, determined to sweep them into oblivion--at least until I can figure out how to transform a giant hairball into a living, breathing dachshund puppy.

No comments: