google search

Custom Search

Monday, December 26, 2005

a star is born


My best friend has produced a beautiful baby boy! I'm sure that I'm prejudiced, but he really is beautiful and absolutely perfect, despite what the doctors call "advanced maternal age." For those who can't interpret that, it's doctor-speak for "having a baby when you're so old, most of your friends are already thinking about having their tubes tied."

New Mom Betsy and Baby Ian are doing fine. I think Proud Papa Eric may pull through too! And soon Ian will be the owner of a very colorful, star-covered quilt (see photo from his mom's baby shower, above) that's about 500 times his size, I just need to put on the label and binding. I am really looking forward to being a crazy, doting honorary auntie!

Seeing my friends begin this mind-boggling journey into parenthood has made me think back to my own child's birth! My "baby," Caitlyn, is now 13 1/2, and just about as tall as I am, but when I look at her baby pictures, I can remember all the feelings of love and fear and joy and overwhelm-ed-ness that were coursing through my veins and dancing non-stop through my head! I think this will be the departure point for this month's Journal Quilt!

I've already begun by printing some photos on fabric. I printed out the delivery room family portrait from Caitlyn's and Ian's births, both in color and in sepia, and we'll see where that takes me!

2 comments:

Rian said...

Hi "Paige," (heh heh), welcome to blogland. From your friend from the Forum, Rian

Debra Dixon said...

Welcome to the Journal Quilts Challenge!