google search

Custom Search

Thursday, March 23, 2006

One Positive Baby Step at a Time

OK, so I've signed up for the Journal Quilt Challenge and I've managed to make.....ONE. So I sign up to participate in the Color & Composition study group, thinking I can kill 2 birds with one stone and make my journal quilts part of my study exercises. Efficient, in a multi-tasking kinda way. But how can I squeeze any of this into my busy life--and still have some sort of pleasant home environment?

First, I really tried to find a self-cleaning house. Couldn't find that.

Tried to find the kitchen that flushes, but failed on that count, too.

Finally I accepted the fact that our house does require a human being to clean it more than once a year, so......

I took BABY STEP #1: I have just dropped off my house keys at the office of MOLLY MAIDS, who will come and CLEAN MY HOUSE tomorrow!!!!!!

Please join me in doing a celebration happy dance!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Granny Fran said...

Good for you, I'm finding it is hard to do the quilts I want to as well as keeping a slightly clean house and well fed husband. So the house gets kind of dusty and disheveled. Proper prioritization is important.

Kim said...

One of my very favorite dances and money well spent!

Pam said...

Even on days that the house cleaner does not meet my expectations - I have to remind myself it is cleaner than it was that morning - good for you!!!

betsy said...

Go, You! That seems like MUCH more than a baby step to me.